18 January 2013

Snow, snow go away.

Chances are, if you're reading this from anywhere in the UK, you're surrounded by a white world, as the promised snow lays its promised blanket over our green and pleasant  grey and muddy land.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the snow this year. Three years living in York is enough to put a girl off snow for life, so I've done my usual travel junkie thing of researching warmer climes and dream destinations, and I have to say, I came across an absolute gem. If you're also a bit fed up of Mother Nature's chilly side, take a look at these snaps to warm your cockles (and possibly burn your retinas).


Image courtesy of: http://www.jdvhotels.com/pages/saguaro_palmsprings/gallery/
All credit to JDV Hotels. No copyright infringement intended

This is an exterior shot of The Saguaro Palm Springs Hotel in Palm Springs. For someone like me, who is drawn to colour like Jordan is drawn to ill-fated marriages, it looks idyllic. Couple that with the beaming sunshine, a stark comparison to the current view from my window, and it's only my lack of funds which has rendered me to blogging about it instead of hopping on a plane right now (that, and the fact that most London air traffic seems to be grounded indefinitely at the moment).

Image courtesy of: http://www.jdvhotels.com/pages/saguaro_palmsprings/gallery/
All credit to JDV Hotels. No copyright infringement intended
Even the rooms are decorated in as many colours as possible. For some people, this is probably a nightmare come true. For me, it's heaven. Needless to say my Pinterest button took quite a hammering today.

Image courtesy of: http://www.jdvhotels.com/pages/saguaro_palmsprings/gallery/
All credit to JDV Hotels. No copyright infringement intended
The hotel chain, Joie de Vivre, translates literally as "Joy for life". I can see why- I'd be happy to be alive if I found myself waking up here!

2 comments: