19 January 2013

Photo of the day: 18/01/2013

Like most people, my yesterday consisted largely of a white out. As I said, I'm not really a fan of the snow this year - it's more of a hassle than a joy. Fortunately, I'm working from home at the moment, so I didn't need to venture to far out of my front door. The downside to this is that when everyone else is tweeting about being sent home from work on "snow day" (seriously? I thought that was a school thing that you left behind at the age of 16), you have no excuse to abandon ship.

This picture therefore sums up my day nicely; the view which I spent hours looking over at (with my computer screen in the corner, y'know, just to prove I was working...)



Highlight of the day was seeing the postmen arrive, not on their bicycles as usual, but in a Royal Mail minibus. I didn't even know such things existed, but it amused me to see them pile out of the van in their fluorescent orange jackets, collect their post bags, and disperse in ten different directions to get on with their work. Fairplay to them for getting on with it while the rest of the country ground to a pathetic halt.

For yesterday's #PhotoOfTheDay, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment