2 March 2014

Sport Relief Masterclass with Duncan Goodhew and Karen Pickering.

As you may well know, in a few weeks time, I am taking part in the Sport Relief swimathon. I have been blogging about my training on the Psychologies website. I say training. Due to the closure of my local pool, Tonbridge, thanks to the floods at Christmas, training hasn't really gone to plan. 

I have been going running more regularly and, er, that's about it. So I was predictably nervous going to the swimming masterclass with Olympic swimmers Duncan Goodhew and Karen Pickering that the lovely Becky at Sport Relief had organised.

*wasn't as awkward as it appears

Fortunately it was a small group - just myself and two other bloggers - so very relaxed. It was a great opportunity to improve my technique based on advice from experts.
Holding Duncan's olympic gold medal
By the end of the hour in the water I could already feel an improvement in the way I was swimming due to the tiny tweaks that they suggested I make to my style- stretching a little more here, flicking my hand there.
Having my technique scrutinised
I left the session feeling more confident in my ability to swim properly, but seriously concerned about the prospect of swimming 2.5km - I was panting and puffing after 6 lengths in the pool! More work needed me thinks.


If you would like to sponsor me, with all money going to Sports Relief, you may do so here. Much appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment