31 March 2014

Photo diary: Classic Car Boot Sale at Southbank

A couple of weekends ago, I found myself at the Classic Car Boot Sale on Southbank, having written a preview of the event for Londonist. I'm the first to admit, I know next to nothing about cars. If anyone asks me about my car, my standard response its "it's blue". But I do think there's a certain aesthetic pleasure to some of the old VWs and Cadillacs. Combine that with the fact that it was essentially an upmarket car boot sale - bargains galore - and I was there.
 

This VW Camper Van was greeting people at the entrance. It was a lovely, sunny day, which made the scene all the more photogenic. I can just see myself now, driving down the California coastline now, a surfboard in the back of the van, a soundtrack of Jack Johnson....sorry, where was I?
Thunderbirds are go! (Yes, pedants, I know that was a Rolls Royce)
Naturally, I soon found my way to the food area. Even that had a vintage vehicle theme. with many street food vendors selling from caravans, camper vans, and even an old fire truck.
Retro cake stall


The quintessential vintage photo, no?



No comments:

Post a Comment