31 January 2017

Disney Pixar confirms what fans knew all along

Never has a film with so few words revealed so much.



I've just come across this official Disney video on YouTube (it was released a year ago, so forgive me for being a little late to this party -- although a similar version was recently re-released on the Toy Story Facebook page). It reveals links between different characters, locations, companies and objects in seemingly unrelated Pixar films.

Of course, the fan theories have been flying around for years. Put aside a few hours to fall down that particular internet rabbit hole. There's an entire, extremely detailed, website dedicated to it. I've read somewhere that every film gives a clue as to what the next film will be, even when they feature seemingly unrelated characters, but somewhere along the way, a release date was delayed and the system was messed up. I've never looked into it too carefully.

I can't believe I never noticed the Jessie (Toy Story) or Nemo (Finding Nemo) toys in Boo's (Monsters Inc.) room.


Or, to put it another way; every Disney Pixar film ever made has been an advert for every Disney Pixar film ever made. Damn, those Disney folk are clever. I'd be willing to bet that this video only shows a tiny fraction of the truth, too -- they can cash in on this one for years.

What's missing? Add your Pixar knowledge in the comments below.

Scribbling Lau is now on Facebook. You can also find me on Twitter and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment