4 May 2013

Sugar overload

So yesterday was my birthday. Woo, and indeed hoo, for being another year older. Shame I still look about 12, but what can you do? In a happy twist of fate, the weather was beautiful, so we ended up taking a trip to Brighton for a couple of hours. A stroll along the pier promised to end in a birthday ice cream, but halfway along, as we stopped to take in a view of the coastline - barely visible through the throngs of pre-bank holiday crowds - I caught sight of JB's Diner. 
A view of the bustling seafront - the colours remind me of old-fashioned beach postcards.
Some of you may remember my blog post from summer last year, in which I visited JB's and pledged to go back one day for one of their Lucky Charms milkshake. Well, yesterday was that day.  We skipped the pier ice cream and headed straight for JB's. 

Fortunately, there was one table outside, and we made a beeline for it. I didn't even need to see the menu - I was there for one thing, and one thing only (although I did end up with a side of cheesy chips - I needed something to soak up all the sugar).



When my milkshake arrived, it was everything I had hoped it would be - and plenty more besides. As well as the tall, sundae-style glass it was presented in, I was served  full cocktail shaker full of "excess" milkshake.  It was thick,  made from ice cream, and abundant with Lucky Charms.


And just look at those toppings! Lucky Charms, whipped cream, cherries, sprinkles...

I'd already had pop tarts for breakfast (following our first, less than pleasant encounter, our relationship blossomed, but I fear it has now reached it's peak) so already had plentiful sugar flowing through my veins.  The birthday cake a couple of hours later pushed me over the edge into a sugar induced coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment