13 January 2023

2023: My Year of Adventure


As I've said before, I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions - if there's something you want to change, I don't see the point in waiting for an arbitrary date on the calendar before you go about it.

What I do enjoy, though, is a good list to be ticked off throughout the year. It's something I've done in previous years, to varying levels of success, and it's something I'm doing in 2023, albeit with a slightly different approach this time around.

2023, I've decided, is going to be my Year Of Adventure.

Adventure is a subjective word, and I don't have any plans to trek through mountains or climb Kilimanjaro. I envisage my adventures to be a bit smaller (and cheaper!) closer to home, and they'll all be some sort of physical or adrenaline challenge. In the past I've ticked off skydiving, abseiling and white water rafting, so it probably won't be those particular activities again, but something along those lines. I won't be sharing my plans until after I've done them, as I don't want to jinx anything, but I will report back afterwards.

Basically, it's a way of making me do all the things I've gone "Oooh, I quite fancy trying that" to in the past, but have never quite got round to. A kick up the bum, if you will. 

Originally, the idea was to tackle one adventure per calendar month, but train strikes are already putting my January plans in jeopardy, and it looks like they'll continue. So instead, I'm going to try to tick off 12 adventurous things this year, but not necessarily one each month. 

Stick with me on this blog and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to see how I get on.


No comments:

Post a Comment