2 August 2020

Wanders with my camera: Powder Mills

Wanders with my Camera is a blog series showcasing some of the photos taken on my walks around my local area in Kent. 

Today's route took me across the fields on public footpaths, beginning at Hawden Farm on the Tonbridge/Hildenborough border, wending through a wheat field, ducking under a railway bridge, following a farm track, and coming out at the small rural hamlet of Powder Mills. 


From here, I wandered uphill, past the former site of the GlaxoSmithKline factory (now a housing estate), and onto the footpath and cycle track leading to Haysden Country Park. At this point I put my camera away, as it's a route I've followed several times in recent weeks, but I branched left at the fork in the track and followed it back to Tonbridge Park, from where I headed back home to North Tonbridge.






If you're keen to get out walking in this area, I highly recommend the excellent Walk Tonbridge website. The first part of my above route follows Route 9: Tales From The Shire, up until that route reaches Hawden Bungalow.  I was born and raised in Hildenborough, so I do intend to complete the full route one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment