5 November 2010

Things that make me happy #3- Christmas tinglings

I got my first tingly Christmas feeling the other day when I saw a full on Christmas shop window display, featuring tree, tinsel, baubles, the works! I love the build up to Christmas as much as the day itself-Christmas markets (hoping to go to Leeds this year), lights, ice skating all make me so happy, and working in a toy shop definitely adds to the festive feeling, overhearing parents telling their kids to 'add it to their list for Santa' (and sometimes digging themselves holes with regards to Santa and finding it very difficult to get out)

 Although some people may think it's still a little premature to be getting excited about Christmas already, I feel it is entirely justified-Halloween has been and gone, Firework Night is in progress-Christmas is the next big thing! I also helps to acknowledge Christmas this early to start budgeting for Christmas shopping.
Whilst I love Christmas and feel it is justified to be thinking about it now that we are in November, I think it is ridiculous when Christmas cards appear in shops before the children have gone back to school, or certain chains of pubs have their Christmas trees up by the end of September.

Roll on December!!!

1 comment:

  1. Words cannot express how much I love and agree with this!!! Roll on Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete